Myths and Misunderstanding About the HPV Vaccine
Date: January 22, 2014Time: 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
On January 22nd, in observance of Cervical Health Awareness Month, the Black Women’s Health Imperative will host a webinar “Myths, Misunderstandings and the Truth About the HPV Vaccine.” This webinar will address several issues that have recently surfaced, including topics such as:
- Low rates of HPV vaccination among young Black women and fewer Black women completing the vaccine series
- Sexual health context of cervical cancer and HPV
- Changes in cervical cancer prevention
- Concerns about the proper dosage of the vaccine and its long term efficacy
Webinar Guests Include:
- Deborah Arrindell, Vice President of Health Policy, American Sexual Health Association
- Jennifer Smith, PhD, MPH, Director, Cervical Cancer Free Coalition
- Tamika Felder, Founder and President, Tamika and Friends
This webinar will be an opportunity for listeners to interact with experts to gain clarity around the vaccine.
To register for the webinar, please visit this link: http://ow.ly/s1dpn
Source of this information:
You must be logged in to post a comment.